Mahendra Ratna Campus is a pioneer teacher education campus under Tribhuvan University (TU) established originally as a College of Education in 1956 to continue the teacher training programs of Nepal government that were initiated in 2008 in the name of Normal Educational Training. At present this is the largest teacher education campus in the country with over 8000 students from all over Nepal.
Mahendra Ratna campus (MRC), Nepal’s leading teacher education institution is one of the most recognized and established constituent campuses of Tribhuvan University (TU). MRC has earned its name and fame not only at present context but also in the history of education in Nepal due to its academic excellence and professional dedication. MRC was originally established in 2013 BS as College of Education in Basantapur Kathmandu. Before this, a program entitled “Adhar Shikshak Shikshyan Kendra” (unofficial translation: Center for the Basic Teacher Training) of the Government of Nepal was launched in the initiation of the Rana Prime Minister Padma Samser in the year 2004 BS at the present location of the institution.
In 2016 BS College of Education was conducted with the affiliation to Tribhuvan University, the then only university of Nepal. In course of its growth, in 2028 BS, this institute was included within the Faculty of Education of Tribhuvan University. Since 2032 Magh 16th, this historical institute has been successfully conducted as Mahendra Ratna Campus at Kathmandu 13, Tahachal.
Vision & Mission
MRC possesses an apparent vision of becoming a centre for academic and professional excellence that shapes entire educational practices of the entire nation with innovative ideas and insights. The outcomes of the institution will be ethically, professionally and academically excellent not only from the national but also from the international perspectives. Thus, our mission will be clearly to inspire the youths for dreaming a new education practice of Nepal, and for making the dreams true. MRC has also a mission to develop in students the technical expertise, educational administration abilities, teacher professional sensitivity, and many more.
- For becoming a member of country’s largest institution for teacher education
- For academic and professional excellence
- For effective, purposeful and productive learning
- For getting exposed to material prosperity including standard labs, library facilities, properly managed classrooms, wide open play grounds etc., and to immaterial resources such as well – qualified teachers, visiting professors, researchers, and trainers
- For extraordinary courses and their delivery
- For scholarship and student support programs
- For developing leadership skills
- For sports, extra- curricular activities and forums
- For online resources and facilities
- For many more exploration & innovations